Veterans Memorial Auditorium
Position Title: Receptionist/Office Assistant
Reports To: Office Manager
The Vets holds a unique place in the cultural life of Rhode Island as a performance venue for legendary artists, local performers and community traditions. The theater celebrates flawless acoustics, a breathtaking proscenium stage and exquisite interior with a one-of-a-kind ceiling featuring the shields of Rhode Island’s original 39 communities.
The Vets is seeking a qualified individual to join our administrative team. This position is part time averaging 25 hours per week. This position requires a schedule of 12pm-5pm Monday through Friday and qualified candidates must contain excellent customer service skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Excel and Outlook as well as all social media platforms including Twitter and Facebook. The ideal candidate has the ability to prioritize in a busy work environment. This position is part time and paid at an hourly rate.
Qualifications and Responsibilities
Qualified candidates will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, must be detail oriented, a self-starter and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Must be capable of handling matters of a confidential nature and in addition to administrative responsibilities, some marketing tasks will be assigned.
- Answer phones and greet people in a professional manner.
- Support all office staff as needed, photocopying, collating, faxing, etc.
- Maintain building calendars and files.
- Coordinate Lost and Found articles.
- Maintaining The VETS social media pages including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others.
- Overseeing the content of the VETS website.
- Creating and maintaining content for event listings through various local online calendars.
- Maintaining media outlets’ files such as labeling and filing invoices, press releases, and tear-sheets.
- Delivering posters, postcards, flyers, and brochures to local area businesses to display.
- Compiling and organizing patron survey responses for events.
- Responding to online questions including Facebook messages, when necessary.
- Ability to work extra hours on short notice.
Please email resumes to email@example.com