The Vets is currently accepting applications for Volunteer Ushers during our 2013 – 2014 season. Volunteers are an integral part of the daily operation of The Vets and we welcome and appreciate all who contribute in this important way. Our ushers are part of a dedicated team of professionals who become an ambassador for The Vets.
A benefit of ushering is that most of the ushers working a performance will be able to see the performance in its entirety. They take pride in their professionalism and caring demeanor – two traits that are invaluable to our patrons.
All ushers must attend an orientation/training session prior to starting and are asked to commit to at least one performance per month, but are welcome to usher as often as their schedule permits. If you are interested in volunteering at The Vets, please click the link below and fill out the application. We look forward to meeting you.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be in good physical condition, able to stand for long periods of time, and capable of assisting patrons by walking up and down stairs.
- Must be able to arrive ninety minutes before the performance start time.
- Must have good “people skills” and enjoy helping patrons have an outstanding theater experience.
- Must be able to attend a “New Usher Orientation” and then train for a specific number of shows as an “Usher Candidate”.
- Must be knowledgeable of the information contained in the usher handbook.
- Friendly and professional
- Detail oriented
- Responsible, cooperative and courteous toward patrons and fellow volunteers.