Parking & Directions
One Avenue of the Arts
Providence, RI 02903
(GPS users: You need to update your unit’s map software if address is not available. Use 83 Park Street to bring you to the I-95 side of The Vets) The Vets is located between Providence Place Mall and the Rhode Island State House and is visible from I-95 in either direction.
Where to Park
- Secure paid parking is available at the Providence Place Mall North Entrance, directly behind The Vets at a rate of $2.00 for the first 5 hours. To exit the lot on foot, take the north elevators or stairs located at the rear of Nordstom to level “B”. This will bring you to street level directly behind the theater. Proceed north up the sidewalk either side to the theater front entrance
- Free parking is available in the State of Rhode Island lots on Smith Street.
- On-street parking is available on Francis and Smith Streets.
Directions to The Vets
- Take Mall Exit 22C. Turn right onto Promenade Street (One Way). Follow Promenade Street to the end (the Providence Place Mall south parking garage will be directly in front of you). Continue around past stoplight and up the hill on Promenade Street. Continue up the hill again after 2nd light. The entrance to The Vets is located on the right, at the corner of Park Street and the Avenue of the Arts plaza.
- Take Exit 23 STATE OFFICES exit bearing right. Stay in the middle lane of the exit to continue straight through traffic light on to State Street. At the next light, Smith Street (RT 44), turn right. The Rhode Island State Capitol building will now be on your left. At the next light, turn left on to Francis Street. The Vets and the Avenue of the Arts Plaza will be on your right at the Renaissance Hotel.
From 95 North: